“How do I transfer my music to my ML640?”
The ML640 is capable of playing MP3 and WMA (without DRM) files. To load files onto a ML640 requires a computer with a USB connection and the minimum requirements of Windows XP and Windows Media Player 10 or better.
- Open Windows Media Player and click on the Sync tab located on upper left hand side
- Connect the ML640 to the USB cable provided in packaging, and then connect the other end to your computers USB port.
- Once connection has been made between the ML640 and your computer, the video converter software will pop-up a window and the ML640 will show in the list under library on the left hand side, as well as the right hand column
- Close the Video Converter software for now, and click on the library to the left
- At this time you can select an artist, album, genre, and song to load to your ML640. Simple click and drag the files to the right and release in the ML640 column.
- When you have selected all of the files you would like to add to your ML640, click on the START SYNC tab, located on the right hand side column. Windows Media will automatically sync these files to your ML640, organizing, and making folders for the music.
- Once Windows finishes synchronizing your files it will state “you can now disconnect” on the right hand side. You now can unplug the ML640 and enjoy your music.
“Why won’t it play my music files?”
The ML640 will support the following types of audio files: MP3, WMA, and WAV. If your ML640 will not play the music file selected or reads “unknown format” please check the music file for music rights or DRM. DRM (Digital Right Management) is commonly used on WMA files downloaded from music services or audio CD’s to secure and copy protect content. If the file does contain any form of DRM it will be unplayable with this device. To check your files for DRM:
- Select file and right click
- Scroll down to properties
- Click Media Usage Rights tab
If this file any information other than “this file is not protected” listed, it has some form of DRM and will not play.
“How do I change the volume level?”
While the ML640 is in use press the volume button on located to the left of menu, and then adjust volume level arrow button directly above and bellow menu button.
“How do I load videos onto the ML660?”
- Connect the ML640 to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Connect the other end to the USB port of your computer.
- Once connection has been made between the ML640 and your computer, the video converter software will open a new window.
- Click the INPUT VIDEO tab, and select video file from your computer and click open.
- At this time you can adjust the output settings by clicking the advanced settings tab.
- After setting adjustment is completed, click START CONVERSION. Please click the HELP tab for further information.
- The video converter will convert selected file and place converted files into a default folder C:\MTV_OUTPUT. The output folder can be changed by clicking OUTPUT VIDEO tab, and selecting a new destination for these files.
- After converted files have been located in the C:\MTV_OUTPUT folder, open the “MY COMPUTER” section.
- Locate the GPX device drive, and open it (double click). Once this drive is open you can drag the converted files from C:\MTV_OUTPUT into this drive, or copy and paste file from C:\MTV_OUTPUT to the GPX device drive.
- You do not need to place these converted MTV files into folders, the player will located them without a folder.
- Once you have loaded all of your files into your device, simple disconnect player.
“What type of video files can I convert?”
The following files are compatible with the ML640 video converter:
AVI(*.avi), WMV(*.wmv, *.asf), MPEG1(*.mpg), QuickTime(*.mov, *.qt), MPEG2(*.vob), RealMedia(*.rm, *.rmvb,…), MPEG4, 3GP(*.3gp)